About the Program
INCUBATE is the award winning startup accelerator and entrepreneur events program developed by the University of Sydney Union.
Co-founded in 2012 by two entrepreneurial students and developed by the University of Sydney Union, Australia’s oldest and largest student union, INCUBATE aims to be a leading startup accelerator program to foster a proactive community of entrepreneurs and help launch successful startup ventures on campus. There are two intakes per year – summer and winter.
INCUBATE encourages entrepreneurship, promotes calculated risk-taking and supports the creation of startup ventures through lean-methodogies and best practices. The program is open to students, researchers and recent alumni of Sydney University.
- Educate and inspire the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders
- Support startups and guide their growth via our network of mentors and advisors
- Foster and support the growing community of entrepreneurs and innovators on campus
- Facilitates, retains and feeds knowledge back into the university from some of the most innovative students and alumni
What Startups Receive
- $5,000 seed funding
- Co-working space on campus
- Internet, printing, office resources and use of meeting rooms
- Mentoring from some of Australia’s most experienced business minds and alumni
- Advice from industry experts
Workshops and Events
INCUBATE hosts events and discussion panels with leading thinkers and experts on areas surrounding startup practices, innovation and technology. INCUBATE is dedicated to encouraging innovation through experiential education and aims to foster a wide community of entrepreneurs through workshops and events.
INCUBATE also co-hosts international keynotes and industry events on campus.
More about our past events.
Mentor and Advisor Network
INCUBATE is building a vast network of mentors consisting of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs and industry advisors who are experienced in assisting startup companies. Mentors volunteer their time to be involved in the program and our current mentors have wide-ranging backgrounds from consumer internet products and services, manufacturing, legal, management and consulting.
INCUBATE runs regular ‘Mentor Meetups’ for startups accepted into the program, who provide ongoing advice and guidance.
We welcome experienced mentors from all industry backgrounds. If you are interested in becoming a mentor please get in touch.