Register your interest to join INCUBATE from other Universities
Are you interested to join INCUBATE but you’re not from University of Sydney?
- Read about our Startup Themes and FAQ
- Read recent startup articles from INCUBATE staff on Medium & The Loop
- Read about our National Demo Day 2014 at Google
- Look through our Entrepreneur Inspiration sheet for common tools and services used by startups
We’re Looking For
Global-thinking, talented and motivated students and alumni.
INCUBATE will fund up to six high-potential startup teams. This means that your business idea will help solve a problem, be a scalable solution and will have a big impact on your target market. You will be required to develop your idea into a first-version product or platform, and aim to attract your first customers within the 3-month incubation period – all in time to present at our Demo Day.
Check out our previous startups for an idea of what we have funded in the past and remember: the crazier your idea, the better. Both early-stage and later-stage startups are welcome to apply.
Applicants should be able to define:
- The problem you are trying to solve
- The technology or process you will use to solve this problem
- Who you think your customers will be
- The competition and market size, in Australia and around the world
- How you will go-to-market and what you will achieve in the 3 month incubation period
Startups accepted into the INCUBATE will will receive:
- $5,000 seed funding*
- Working space on campus over the 14 weeks
- Internet, printing, office resources
- Mentoring, advice and guidance from some of Australia’s most experienced mentors
- Workshops by leading industry advisors and innovators
- Access to early stage business advise including legal, Intellectual Property, tax and grants areas