Startup Incubation Program
INCUBATE provides students, researchers and alumni with the opportunity to accelerate the development of their startup on campus.
The startup incubation program supports entrepreneurs launching new startup ventures over the 14-week incubation period. INCUBATE accelerates the development of startups through calculated risk-taking, lean-startup methodologies and best practices.
Our incubation structure is unique:
- We select the top founders on campus, across all faculties
- We take no equity in exchange for seed funding – however we may invest at the end of the incubation cycle
- We have a leading and growing network of high-profile entrepreneurs for our startups to work with
- We are located within the dynamic environment of the university and can utilise the networks of the university community
Successful startup teams are expected to:
- Devote a significant amount of time to their startup over the incubation period
- Work at our dedicated co-working space on campus
- Utilise the mentoring available through the program
- Attend weekly workshops and regular events
Funded Applicants Receive
The startup incubation program provides resources, funding and mentorship while also leveraging our connections to programs across all faculties at the University of Sydney.
The program connects with Australia’s leading business incubator ATP Innovations, Australia’s leading technology research institute, NICTA, the Warren Centre of Innovation, the Centre for Commercial Development and Industry Partnerships and commercialisation networks attached to the university.
- $5,000 non-equity seed funding (we don’t take a share of your business)
- Working space on campus
- Mentoring, advice and guidance from some of Australia’s most experienced mentors
- Office space and resources
- Access to professional networks of Sydney University and supporting organisations
- Office resources
- Intellectual Property and related advice
- Legal advice and template document package for new companies
- Business advice from our Program Partners
- Investor preparation and introductions to venture capital firms
- Access to ATP Innovations and NICTA experts
- Access to office space at ATP Innovations after graduating the program
INCUBATE cumulates with a Demo Day on campus at the end of the incubation period. The eight startups pitch their businesses to an expected audience of 200 investors, stakeholders, students, public and media. Demo Day is an exciting platform for the startup teams to gain wider recognition and potentially generate further investment interest.